All Blacks Defence Coach
- A rare opportunity to work with and develop elite players
- Contribute to the leadership of a high-performance rugby programme
- Help guide the All Blacks to win test matches
- Wellington or Auckland location preferred but would consider other locations within NZ
Are you a first-class defence coach who has a proven record of supporting and coaching elite athletes and rugby teams? This is a rare opportunity to be part of the development and success of the All Blacks, as well as New Zealand rugby, on the global stage.
As the All Blacks Defence Coach you will contribute to the leadership and development of players to maximise their performance in all aspects of defence.
As part of the All Blacks Coaching team you will:
- assist the All Blacks coaching staff to prepare the team to a standard of excellence that enhances the reputation of the team, both within New Zealand and internationally;
- develop and implement the All Blacks defence strategy;
- coach the critical skills – e.g. technical coaching of the players’ ensuring that they have the skills required to implement the defence strategy;
- contribute to the development of game plans as well as the review and analysis of team performance; and
- monitor and assess the performance of players to assist with team selection
- work in partnership with Super Rugby and other National Team coaches to create a pool of knowledge of defence strategies.
In addition to your defence coaching experience and expertise, you will have a strong understanding of the high-performance rugby environment. You will be an outstanding leader with a high degree of self-awareness and proven experience in developing athletes as well as building the capability of those who work with you.
Your ability to build relationships with multiple rugby stakeholders will help to ensure your success in the role. To be successful in this role you must bring experience working with and coaching a professional team, along with defence coaching expertise.
The successful candidate must:
- maintain a current passport and be eligible to travel overseas and back to New Zealand (including being eligible to obtain any necessary visas);
- obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check;
- hold a full clean driver’s license; and
- have the ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally with the team.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 29 May 2017
How does Rugby-Jobs.com work for me ?
* If you know which job you want to apply for use the Jobsearch button on the top of any page to find the listings of jobs that interest you.
* Sign up for ‘Jobs by Email’ and you will get email alerts as any new jobs are posted onto the website!
* You can search for jobs by job type and by location and the system will match you against any vacancies already on the website according to your criteria.