Head Coach Women's Club Rugby
Job Description Apply: Head Coach Women's Club Rugby
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Head Coach for Women's Club Rugby. This position serves as the head coach in GCU non divisional sports and is responsible for planning, directing and strategizing sports or athletic programs and tactics for developing winning teams in assigned specialty. Also, assists in organizing, recruiting, coaching and administering sports activities to individuals or groups at the University’s recreational facilities.
- Ensures all aspects of athletic programs comply with University standards and conference and national affiliation rules and regulations. Identifies potential risk and helps in establishing criteria and plans for correction.
- Coaches, counsels, advises and mentors student athletes.
- Works in association with the Club Sports Director and USA Rugby with record keeping and student-athlete certifications as required by USA Rugby to ensure all guidelines are met.
- Explains and demonstrates the principles, techniques and methods of regulating movement of the human body, kinesiology, bio-mechanics, etc. to achieve proficiency in the assigned activity or sport.
- Observes students during practice to encourage good athletic skills and provide guidance for improvements. Assesses student-athlete capabilities. Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment.
- Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
- Manages student-athlete off-campus recruiting programs.
- Assists in organizing competitions and tournaments.
- Assists and/or executes program development, develops strategies for competitions.
- Assists in implementing pre- and post-season conditioning and weight training, as necessary.
- May be involved with student-athlete recruiting as allowed by University and NCAA rules.
- Lectures on history and purposes of sport.
- Promotes GCU Athletics and may attend various events.
- May perform duties which require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
- Supervisory responsibilities may include all of any of the following: Volunteer Coaches, Graduate Assistants, and/or Trainers.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a master’s degree is preferred.
- 1 years’ work experience in a similar capacity.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
- Must be USA Rugby Certified to coach Women’s USA D1 Rugby
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
How does Rugby-Jobs.com work for me ?
* If you know which job you want to apply for use the Jobsearch button on the top of any page to find the listings of jobs that interest you.
* Sign up for ‘Jobs by Email’ and you will get email alerts as any new jobs are posted onto the website!
* You can search for jobs by job type and by location and the system will match you against any vacancies already on the website according to your criteria.